The Industry View
A glimpse into the future from fintech – from those that are creating it
Key findings from the report:
- Embedded finance is expected to dominate the industry in 10 years
- There will be more innovation, more fintechs, but less funding
- Banks and big tech will fight to curate and distribute fintech services
- The three most important technologies today – Open Banking, data analytics and blockchain – will not be the most important in 2030
- To be successful, fintechs need to move either vertically in terms of product set or horizontally in terms of customer segment.
The last decade has seen fintech drive unprecedented change in financial services. As we enter the new decade, the future of the fintech industry is at a crossroads.
To find out how the industry will change over the next decade, Tribe Payments asked 125 fintech executives and industry leaders including 11:FS, Bain Capital, Currencycloud, eToro, iwoca, Locke Lord, Moneyfarm, N26, Onfido, Plaid, Plum, Qadre, Thought Machine, Wirex and Zego.
Industry views are captured in the report, Fintech 2030: The Industry View which essential reading for fintech and finance professionals looking understand the biggest challenges and opportunities ahead.
The report includes:
- In-depth analysis of survey of 125 fintech executives
- Sector contributions from 15 leading fintech firms, ranging from crypto to regtech
- Why fintech will no longer exist, instead we will live in a world of embedded finance.
“Fintech is still only 1% finished. And the next decade is going to be its most exciting and challenging yet.”
- Simon Taylor, 11:FS